Thursday, June 26, 2008

Relay for Life: The Day Before

Just wanted to let you know that I've surpassed my Relay for Life goal, thanks to your help. My on-line pledges currently stand at $260 and my in-person pledges are $270 for a total of $530!!!

I went to the Team Captain's meeting on Tuesday night and learned a little more of what to expect. About 25 teams involved here and all kinds of crazy events and competitions going on. I have no idea how they expect you to have time to actually walk. The not-so-good news is that it is supposed to rain tomorrow and Saturday. Thunderstorms tomorrow! They say it will go rain or shine, but I don't know about lightning.

So tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. I plan to be down at the lake where we walk to put up a couple tents. I still need to gather my gear and grab some snacks and hope to have time to sleep for a couple hours.

I probably won't do a "Day After" report. I expect to be pretty wiped out. Then Sunday afternoon is our church picnic. But I will update you and hopefully have some pictures, weather permitting.

Thanks again for your help.

Dave

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!!! We will be praying for you!

Jon, Jen, Knox, Declan and Oakley

Sara Kellar said...

RAINNNN!!!!!!!!!
PARTYYYYY!!!!!!!!
*things to pack*
Rain jacket - check
Sweater - check
24-pack of Pepsi - check
We're all set.
Don't worry about the "Day After" report. I'll do it for you :D.
It'll be a photo montage :D

Sara Kellar said...

what else would we need to bring?