Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Week the Women Went- Part 4

Time seems to be going quite slowly and yet I'm not getting much of any thing extra done.  One would think that having your wife and daughter away would give you more time and more would get done.  One would think.  The problem seems to be that I am more tired and more lazy and so not much more is getting done.  I have done some extra reading, but that's about it.  

Could it be that as much as a marriage relationship takes work, it also energizes?  I think there must be some truth to it.  That, and being married gives some checks and balances for looking after yourself better--eating better, getting to bed at a decent time and so on.  I have read a number of studies that being married is actually better for your health than being single--especially for guys.

I am feeling some loneliness although nothing acute.  I have made a point of getting out with people, either as part of my job or beyond.  I was out with people three times yesterday and a couple times today.  That has helped.

I talked to Patti today(we agreed on every couple days) and they are doing fine without me.  I was shocked!  She's missing me like I'm missing her, but we are doing fine and trying to make the most of our time apart.  I need to try a little harder.

Grace and peace,

Dave

No comments: