Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Week the Women Went- Part 2

Coming to the end of Day 2.  I slept okay last night, but missed the goodnight cuddle, the waking up in the night to an empty spot in the bed, the "good morning" greeting.  It's not like I haven't spent nights by myself, but it has been a while.  It gives me a new appreciation for those who have lost a spouse after many years together.  It must be a terribly hard adjustment that we don't normally think or talk about.  As we grow older it is something we will have to think about.

I had a chocolate bar and a cup of tea for breakfast this morning.  I don't think that had anything to do with baching it except maybe that there was no one to stop me.  Other than that it was a fairly regular day.  Oh yeah, except for the comments from my church family: Have you figured out the stove yet?  You've lost a lot of weight!

I finally got through filing a box of sermons that I've been putting off for a few years.  I guess that is a result of baching it--a little boredom, a little looking for things to keep busy.  Hopefully that's a good thing. 

Well that's it for now.

Grace and peace,

Dave


No comments: