Friday, September 4, 2009

Vacation Thanksgiving

It's over a month until Canadian Thanksgiving, but it's always (or should be) the right time for showing gratitude to the Lord. We had a wonderful vacation and I want to say thanks for:

*being able to spend it with my best friend--my wife Patti
*wonderful warm dry weather (only a day and a half of rain)
*both my two-year-old grandchildren who having not seen me for a year did not make strange
*some fun biking with Jonathan, Knox and Declan
*some intense biking with Ron AND making the big hill in the Edmonton river valley
*great times at parks with all our grandchildren
*some great talks with our sons and their wives
*a few hours of fun playing MarioKart(and improving slightly)
*the discipline not to run out and buy a Wii
*an hour and a half coffee with my former workmate and friend Don
*time spent catching up with other former workmates
*the opportunity to experience three church services that I didn't have to plan
* some of the wonders of God's creation in the Canadian prairies
* experiencing new territory: Montana, a bit of Wyoming, South and North Dakota which included the black hills, Mount Rushmore, and a bit of the badlands
*75 mph speed limits on the interstates to help us get back home in time
*safety in everywhere we went and everything we did
*no problems with the van that turned 200,000 km. on the trip
*a job to come back to so I can pay all the bills from the trip

Grace and peace,

Dave

1 comment:

Sara Kellar said...

MARIOKART!!!

(On the Wii, I presume? :D)