Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Sure Sign of Spring

We received a few more inches of snow this first week of April and we still have three foot snowbanks in our yard, but Spring is on the way.  I know it's officially here, but it sure has not felt like it.  But today I fired up the barbecue for the first time this year.  That is a sure sign of Spring from my perspective.  I know that some bbq all winter, but I'm not one of them.  So here I am in my winter coat with the temperature hovering around zero celsius, standing as close to the grill as possible to keep warm cooking hamburgers.  They were so good and my wife made her great potato salad to go along with them.  Forget the return of the birds.  We are a long way off from Spring flowers.  Firing up the bbq is the surest sign of Spring in our house.

Grace and peace,

Dave

No comments: