Monday, October 6, 2008

God's Perspective?




I took this picture of mountains from the plane somewhere between the Okanagan and Calgary.  This was the first time I've seen mountains from above.  I LOVE the mountains from the ground--the height and size and majesty that dwarfs me and leaves me in awe.  I love how they point to God the Creator.  While I enjoyed this view of them too, they appeared less awesome.  I could take in several at once and rather than huge and majestic they looked a little flat. Looking down on them and taking them all in at once, it seems to me, is much more God's perspective.  He holds the whole world in the palm of His hand and He deserves this view of His creation.  He is far above and greater than it all.  I am not.  I'm perfectly happy with the ground view. 

I think next time I fly across the mountains I'll let my daughter have the window seat! 

No comments: