Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Savior Obama?

Here I go again weighing in on something I know little about. I didn't even catch any of the inauguration yesterday. But here's an impression I've formed over the last couple of months based on what I have seen and heard. I feel sorry for the new U.S. president. It seems to me that the American people are counting on him to be their saviour. That's a terrible load for anyone to carry. I believe they are setting him up for failure with such high expectations. Unfortunately, Obama hasn't done anything to dispel such talk. He continues to exude nothing but hope and confidence. Those are good things in a leader, but they are also dangerous things. One can think too highly of himself and that, the Bible says, leads to a fall. For a so-called Christian nation, the American people have been quick to take their eyes off Jesus and put them on a mere man. I fear the outcome.

Grace and peace,

Dave

P.S. After writing the above post, I starting wondering if I was the only one who saw the thing this way so I did a Google search. Not only am I not the only one, I'm wa-a-a-y behind. Apparently this kind of talk has been going on for months already. Check out a few links or Google "Obama Savior" for yourself.

Links:
Obama the Savior
Kenyans hail election of saviour Barack Obama
Obama, Savior of the World

No comments: