Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year's Resolutions?

Greetings and Happy New Year!

As you can tell, blogging more regularly was not one of my resolutions for this year.  Either that, or I broke it before I even started!  Do you make resolutions?  Have you made any for this year?  I'd be interested in hearing them and even more interested in holding you accountable!

I have made resolutions some years and even kept a few of them.  For instance, last year I resolved to read through the entire Bible.  I got behind at times, but by the end of the year I did finish my reading plan and the Bible.  I haven't really made any this year, but I do have some things in mind I'd like to accomplish.  One of them is getting more exercise,especially this time of year.  Another is reading more quality books.

I was able to combine both of those earlier this week in a way that has potential for doing better at both.  We have an exercise bike in the basement, but I'm not very consistent in using it.  Too much like jogging I guess.  I find it quite boring.  I also have four audio books on my computer that I have not listened to.  I woke up early one morning thinking, Why not combine these two things?  Why not listen to the audio book while I bike?  The experience was great.  I got a half hour into the book and barely realized that I had done 6+ miles on the bike.  Good deal!

Having mentioned the audio books, allow me to put a plug in that may be of benefit to you and Christian Audio.  I discovered Christian Audio (link here) about a year ago.  They say they have the largest online collection of Christian audiobooks.  They sell audiobooks that you can download to your computer and then put them on a CD if you like.  The best part is that every month they offer a book of their choice for free.  Here's the direct link for this month's book.  This is where my four books have come from.  So if you like to listen to books on your computer or in your vehicle, or while exercising, check them out.

Grace and peace,

Dave

No comments: