Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baptisms

Our church witnessed three baptisms on Sunday. I love baptisms. I love to hear how God has worked and is working in peoples' lives. I love to hear the circumstances by which God brings people to faith in Christ. I love to see people making obedient choices in following Christ. I love being part of helping people take that step.

The first candidate was a young woman who came to faith about three months ago. It has been such a blessing to see her learn and grow. The other two were a couple of our teens. Again, it is so exciting to see young people make this decision. Both of these teen girls are faithful in attendance, love God and church and are active in serving in AWANA. It was time for them to make this public commitment.

To add to the adventure the baptisms took place in the Rainy River. I know many baptisms have happened in lakes and rivers, including at our church, but this was my first time. The afternoon was hot and very windy which was actually a great combination. We had a good turn out including friends and family from other churches and some who don't go anywhere. It was definitely a witness and a celebration! Praise God!

Dave

No comments: